Simple, effective, affordable & easy to use. Our large 3 Litre Waterpot Olla is perfectly suited for outdoor garden beds and larger potted plants, both indoors and outdoors. Your plants will thrive as they draw the water they need to grow directly from the Waterpot which means no more second-guessing or overwatering.
We have two sizes of the round Waterpot for your small space urban container, raised or in-ground garden (do take a look at our Bird Waterpot too for a decorative touch and The Waterpot Small Round Olla.)
The Waterpot Large Round Olla
- 3 Litre capacity
- Materials: Low fired porous Terracotta clay - not to be used as a drinks vessel
- Size: Diameter 16cm x Height 23cm
- Designed in Australia, hand-cast in China
- All products shipped are protected by 100% recyclable and/or biodegradable void fills and wrappings for the benefit of the Planet!
Why should I use The Waterpot in my urban garden?
- Water is delivered directly to the root zone
- Eliminates runoff and evaporation SAVES WATER!
- Provides plants with steady moisture
- Low tech and easy to use
- No need for water pressure or electricity or water filters
Where do I bury it? Arrange The Waterpot™ in clusters and plant your starter seedlings or plants around them, whether in a container or in the ground. Each pot will irrigate the plants around 30cm of the neck. Plant seedlings in a circle or place between rows in a garden bed. Depending on the size of a planter container, one may be sufficient.
Plants with long roots, such as tomatoes, can be placed furthest from the centre. Plants with shorter roots should be placed closer to the Waterpot. this is a naturally automatic system, if it has been raining, the soil is wet so there is no moisture tension and the pots don’t release any water. The plants get just what they need, right where they need it with no gadgets or sensors required!
Simple, effective, affordable & easy to use.
(WA and NT customers please contact us for a freight quote stating quantity and address)
PLEASE NOTE: As these are hand slipcast Terracotta items, there may be variations between one vessel and another in terms of colour, weight and shape due to the nature of kiln firing and the natural qualities of Terracotta clay.