Want to learn how to make potting mix at home?
When Angus Stewart, horticulturalists and former show host of ABC's Gardening Australia visited the Up On The Balcony garden, he impressed on us the importance of soil health as the foundation to a healthy, productive garden. "Soil is everything" was the mantra he left me and I set out to find the best soil recipe to use in my extensive container garden.
This one-of-a-kind, double-sided and laminated Guide shows you how to make a durable, high-quality potting mix. In just 4 easy steps with illustrated instructions and tips. This Potting Mix Recipe is ideal for most plants and allows you to customise it to your own needs.
The recipe is the brainchild of Anne Gibson, The Micro Gardener, developed, tried and tested through 3 years of research and endorsed by Australia's foremost potting mix guru John Daly who makes commercial potting mix blends for the major Australian company brands as well as his own.
You’ll learn what specific ingredients to include to supercharge your potting mix to make it last longer and provide vital nutrients for healthy plants.
A handy chart will help you choose the best ingredients to substitute or add to suit your requirements.
You’ll also learn how to adjust the soil pH level of your mix. The Conversion Chart makes it quick and easy to follow the quantities in this recipe and measure them in Litres, US or UK Gallons. No guessing needed!
This Potting Mix Recipe has important properties for growing healthy plants. The ingredients in this recipe play vital roles including drainage, aeration, water and nutrient retention, plant food, root support, microbes, durability and thermal insulation. When you control the quality of your soil health, your plants will also be healthy. That means less pest and diseases to manage and greater joy as a gardener!
• List of equipment and materials; ingredients; and optional nutrients and soil amendments.
• Laminated for long-term, practical use indoors or out in your garden shed.
• Tick boxes so you can mark off each ingredient, equipment and materials with a whiteboard marker pen [not included] to make sure you have everything ready. Wipe off after use.
• Detailed, illustrated step-by-step instructions with tips. • Instructions on how to change the pH of your potting mix if required.
• Conversion chart for measurements used in this recipe, making it quick and easy to convert litres into US or UK gallons. •
A comparison chart showing you the valuable roles each ingredient plays in your mix. The chart enables you to easily substitute or add ingredients to your recipe that best suit your needs and budget.
BONUS: Includes 5 Organic Seed Raising Mix Recipes and free shipping