Put some Spring colour in your garden and save time in your busy life, when consistently watering indoor plants can be a challenge. An adjunct to the Waterpot Ollas when the size of your pot won't accommodate the traditional olla shape, the Waterpot Water Spikes have been designed for the small space indoor potted garden! This set includes 4 pretty Yellow Bird of Happiness lids. Sleek and easy to install and available in a boxed set of 4 spikes, these also make unique gifts for indoor plant lovers.
Indoor plant watering made easy
The Spring Limited Edition Waterpot Terracotta Spike Set with Yellow Bird of Happiness Lids
- 100ml capacity - not to be used as a drinks vessel
- The pack consists of 4 Spikes + instructions + 4 Yellow Bird Lids
- Materials: Low fired porous Terracotta clay
- Size: Diameter 4.5cm Diameter x 18cm Height
- Designed in Australia, hand-cast in China
- All products shipped are protected by 100% recyclable and/or biodegradable void fills and wrappings for the benefit of the Planet!
Why should I use The Waterpot Spike
- Water is delivered directly to the root zone
- Filling the reservoir with water when needed couldn't be easier!
- Provides plants with steady moisture
- Low tech and easy to use
- Retain Nutrients: This is a closed system of watering the plants that will not allow the water to drain elsewhere, this can reduce nutrient loss within the soil.
- Saves Water: When a plant is overwatered, the excess water drains from the pot (if drainage is provided). This Spike provides water to the soil at the plant roots where they can draw the water they require. Since the spike is surrounded by soil, the water within the Spike will not evaporate.
- Saves Time: Watering your plants can take some time to do, especially when you have a lot of them. Since they are self-watering, all you need to do is keep an eye on the reverse water level in the bottle or ask your plant nanny to do so whilst you're away on holidays!
- Prevent Root Rot: Since this system will only water the plant when the soil is dry, it will be a lot easier to get the water further into the soil without the water sitting constantly around the roots. This will encourage the roots to grow, which will give you a healthier plant. Over-watering is the number one plant killer (other than under-watering!)
How do I use the Waterpot Spikes?
All boxed sets of 4 spikes come with easy-to-follow instructions. The instruction sheet should be referred to before use. You insert and fill with water. Too easy!
Simple, effective, affordable & easy to use. Based on the science used in traditional Olla irrigation, this is a modern solution for the indoor plant gardener! Read more about The Science of Olla Irrigation
PLEASE NOTE: As these are hand slipcast Terracotta items, there may be variations between one vessel and another in terms of colour, weight and shape due to the nature of kiln firing and the natural qualities of Terracotta clay.
Highly recommended for the installation of the Waterpot Spikes is the simply amazing indestructible marine-grade aluminium alloy Narrow Garden Trowel by Lelox -