Treat Mum to our most popular olla with the Limited Edition PINK Bird of Happiness Lid! The decorative Bird Waterpot has been designed primarily for your container or pot garden although it will be equally at home in your small space raised or in-ground garden. (Do take a look at our The Waterpot Round Large Olla and The Waterpot Round Small Olla)
Urban farming and gardening made easy.
The Waterpot Bird Olla 1 Litre
- 1 Litre capacity - not to be used as a drinks vessel
- Materials: Low fired porous Terracotta clay with glazed lid complies with British Standard BS4860 for Lead and Cadmium as tested by The National Measurement Institute, Department of Industry, Science, Energy & Resources.
- Size: Diameter 10cm x Height 33cm
- All products shipped are protected by 100% recyclable and/or biodegradable void fills and wrappings for the benefit of the Planet!
- Designed in Australia, hand-cast in China
Why should I use The Waterpot™ in my garden?
- Water is delivered directly to the root zone
- Eliminates runoff and evaporation SAVES WATER!
- Provides plants with steady moisture
- Low tech and easy to use
- No need for water pressure or electricity or water filters
Where do I bury it? Arrange The Waterpot™ in clusters and plant your starter seedlings or plants around them, whether in a container or in the ground. Each pot will irrigate the plants around 30cm of the neck. Plant seedlings in a circle or place between rows in a garden bed. Depending on the size of a planter container, one may be sufficient.
Plants with long roots, such as tomatoes, can be placed furthest from the centre. Plants with shorter roots should be placed closer to the Waterpot. this is a naturally automatic system, if it has been raining, the soil is wet so there is no moisture tension and the pots don’t release any water. The plants get just what they need, right where they need it with no gadgets or sensors required!
Simple, effective, affordable & easy to use.
( NT customers please contact us for a freight quote stating quantity and address)
PLEASE NOTE: As these are hand slipcast Terracotta items, there may be variations between one vessel and another in terms of colour, weight and shape due to the nature of kiln firing and the natural qualities of Terracotta clay.