Our unique Know and Grow Pack is comprised of
- a copy of Angus Stewart's award-winning book "Grow Your Own - How To Be An Urban Farmer" (Angus is a popular former Gardening Australia host) and
- our popular 1 Litre Waterpot Bird Olla and
- a Root Pouch 45 Litre grow bag.
A total package for the urban farmer growing in small spaces. Angus and co-author Simon Leake are leading experts in horticulture and soil science and share skills and practical advice for getting the best from your edible garden.
Look out for us at Up On The Rooftop featuring as a double spread case-study within the book about our early Balcony farming days! We've been so fortunate to have continued our contact with Angus whose gardening wisdom has helped us create a flourishing Balcony garden in a suburban setting.
3 unparalleled products in one bundle that will provide your special person with the best information and advice to grow a great garden -
- One "Grow Your Own - How To Be An Urban Farmer" book by the author, Angus Stewart, these copies come with a personally signed bookplate by Angus. This book has recently been awarded "Best Gardening Book 2020" by the Horticultural Media Association of Australia!
- A 1 Litre Waterpot olla , that provides a constant water supply to your plants based on natural scientific forces which take the guesswork out of watering your plants! 1 Litre capacity
- A 45 Litre Root Pouch grow bag, in the Boxer Line Brown, Navy or Forest Green or Black line. The bags are made of 100% recycled post-consumer PETE water bottles or with natural fibre as in the Black line, are food safe and tested using the stringent USFDA testing criteria, and are BPA free. The unique fabric prevents roots circling so your plant is healthier and able to draw more nutrients and water! Measures 38cm W x 40cm H
For more information about the Root Pouch product see our Root Pouch Collection page
For more information about the Waterpot Olla product see our Waterpot Collection page
*Angus Stewart is an Australian horticulturist, gardening author and former television presenter on Gardening Australia. He is especially interested in Native Plants and has been heavily involved in the breeding of Kangaroo paw
In Angus' words:
Grow Your Own – How to be an Urban Farmer
Many of you, it seems, are keen on growing your own food. This interest seems to be most evident in city dwellers who are increasingly seeking a connection to where their food comes from, and also an awareness that a secure supply of food is not a given for the future. There is also an awareness that children are increasingly disconnected with how fresh food is produced and many parents want to do something about that. So……
Angus visited Up On The Rooftop for his book
PLEASE NOTE: Measurements are approximate and may vary slightly due to the hand machining of the bags; the quantity, compaction and type of soil used.