Bring the joy of gardening and growing your own food into your small or large space with our range of Root Pouches. Root Pouch grow bags are perfect for renters, balconies, decks and backyard gardeners alike who need a non-permanent and portable garden.
The Root Pouch Black line is the most durable semi-degradable Root Pouch available. Root Pouch is the only fabric container company that offers natural fibre blended fabrics in sizes to suit all types of growing you'll be enjoying the fruits of your labour in no time. Our Black range of Root Pouches come in a convenient and handy pack of 2 grow bags.
- Still made of recycled, post-consumer PETE water bottles, this material is melted back to a sterile liquid state then spun into fibres that are mixed with natural fibres which degrade making them perfect for eventual transfer into a permanent garden bed or for commercial growing. Please note that only the natural fibres are bio-degradable.
- 260 g/m2, Semi-degradable lasting 4-5 years and is suitable for above ground, pot-in-pot and in-ground applications
- In-ground growing the containers offer root zone temperature protection, has hydrophilic properties, absorbs water from the surrounding soil, acts as a nurturing membrane while creating a controlled dense fibrous root structure, offers permeability plus they are breathable. Attracts and absorbs water from the sides from sprinklers and rain
- In above-ground growing the Black range offers superb evenly distributed moisture control throughout the pot, evenly diffuses temperature differences while providing insulation.
- 100% Food safe and BPA free! For more information about why Root Pouch grow bags are different from the rest click HERE
Made from recycled post-consumer PETE water bottles mixed with natural fibres of jute, bamboo or cotton, to replace heavy or bulk ceramic pots - perfect for portable and storage solutions and small spaces.
- The fabric container allows air to circulate which allows roots to air-prune and prevents root circling.
- Available in a range of attractive colours
- Easy to move using sturdy stitched handles
Benefits of all the Root Pouch grow bag ranges are:
- Pots can be washed & re-used
- Allows air & nutrients to pass freely through
- Great to use with Up On the Rooftop's Waterpot Ollas!
- Creates insulation from winter cold and/or summer heat
- Will withstand UV rays
- Stronger healthier starts
- Produces bigger yields & promotes vigorous root growth
- Better use of water and nutrients
- Quicker growing times
- Better drainage
- Decreases risk of transplant shock
- Industrial strength Industrial Lock Stitching
Designed by the family-owned Root Pouch company in Hillsboro, Oregon USA, and manufactured in their partnered company in China.
Please refer to more information found on our FAQs page.
For even larger sizes please see our Boxer Root Pouch Garden Bed Range
CHECK OUT our value bundles on the Grow Packs and Gifts page.
To choose the best size Root Pouch for your garden you can view our handy size and growing guide in the tabs below. Measurements are approximate and may vary slightly due to the hand machining of the bags; the quantity, compaction and type of soil used.